Sunday, November 29, 2015

Master Bath

We kept the same wood look tile throughout the house. Its durable, easy to clean, and so far is working out wonderfully.

We chose not to have medicine cabinets in any of the bathrooms in the house. For us, medicine cabinets screamed tract home, and we had enough drawers and cabinet space that we really didn't think that they were necessary. All of our previous home had medicine cabinets in every bathroom and we found that rarely did the toothbrushes and toothpaste actually get put away in them and yet they somehow always managed to have disgusting fingerprints all over them. We also never gave anyone medicine in the actual bathroom, the medicine was always in the kitchen - so they were just impractical.




I had always wanted a built in vanity. And even included one in the plans. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that with the way I am constantly redecorating, rearranging, and tweaking my style, it would be best to have as few built in, set in stone pieces as possible. Not to mention the fact that even though this is a brand new home, I wanted it to feel comfortable and lived in. So I try to use a lot of previously loved pieces with character. This table was a perfect fit for the space. 

I love the lights that we found at Lowes. I hate the standard vanity strip lights, and these fit perfectly with the style of the house, and break up all the white. We also chose to go with individual, framed mirrors in all of the bathrooms, as opposed to the standard, massive contractor grade mirrors that we were used to. I love that these are easier to clean, and give a more personalized look.

No comments:

Post a Comment